A Review of Places Traveled in 2017
I wanted to take a look at the places I went in the past year and tell you a little bit about some of my plans for this year.
- I did a lot more hiking locally in the St. Louis area this year despite my boyfriend's wishes to stay indoors. I probably enjoyed Rockwoods Reservation the most largely because they don't allow horses and it's generally less crowded than some of the closer state parks near the city.
- I saw another one of Tennessee's amazing waterfalls at Burgess Falls.
- I got to explore Chicago & New Orleans which were both short trips but left me wanting to go back to see more of the cities. I would also love to see more of Chicago when it's not raining :)
- I also went camping for the first time since I was a kid at the amazing Lily Pad Obed. A campsite with a brewery on it isn't a bad place to start.
So where am I headed this year? First up, Atlanta for my 30th birthday. Here's a few other places on my list.
- Argentina: This is a big one as plane tickets here will be a little pricey but a good friends of ours will be studying here through the summer so we would really like to make the trip. In general though, I want to see all the amazing street art and checkout one the world's most beautiful bookstores.
- Hiking spots: There's a few places in Southern Missouri I want to see and in Southern Illinois as well. I went to college at Southern Illinois University Carbondale but never seemed to have enough time to get outdoors to the Shawnee Forest as much as I would have liked.
- Camping: I would like to camp at Garden of the Gods in Southern Illinois as well and possibly again at Lily Pad Obed this summer.
- Cities: There are a few cities within a couple hours that I haven't yet explored and would like to. We'll likely check out Louisville, KY and Kansas City, MO for some short weekend trips. We also really enjoy Memphis, TN and will be taking a weekend to see a baseball game sometime this spring or summer.
I don't have as many trips immediately planned as I did this time last year but I'm excited to see where I end up :)